You did your homework, right? Right?
If you are anything like me, you probably already did some research in regards to what keto is all about. But was it enough? High fat and low carbs, right? Well… that’s actually all I knew when I started a ketogenic diet for the first time in September of 2016. Guess what – it didn’t go well! I started eating bacon, meat, eggs, mayo – you name it! It was monotonous, unsatisfying and boring. Truth is I DIDN’T KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING! My keto dieting lasted a week before I felt defeated, deprived and I decided it was NOT for me. That’s right! I quit!
Months later, I saw a very famous celebrity (who’s name is irrelevant) being interviewed on TV and raving about her ketogenic weight loss success. I decided to give it another go. This time, I was determined to do it wisely and to educate myself first. It truly helped me get started and later continue without hiccups. I quickly learned that the ketogenic lifestyle goes way beyond the bacon and butter. Honestly, finding out just how compound it is started to fascinate me in ways I cannot describe. That is what they call getting hooked on something. Yes! I am hooked and you can be, too!
Below, you will find a list of books I loved reading or listening to on the audible app. I recommend, you take notes, highlight paragraphs that stand out to you and perhaps even share your wisdom with others.
- Quick & Easy Ketogenic Cooking (Maria Emmerich) – great first keto book
- The Ketogenic Cleanse (Maria Emmerich) – awesome follow up to the one above
- The Art And Science Of Low Carbohydrate Living (J.S.Volek, & S.D.Phinney) – in depth look at the keto diet
- The Art And Science Of Low Carbohydrate Performance (J.S.Volek, & S.D.Phinney) – physical and athletic aspect of going keto
- Mini Habits For Weight Loss (Stephen Guise) – motivation and some wisdom
- The Complete Guide To Fasting (J.Fung) – intermittent fasting is a great addition to keto, here you can find out its benefits and how to’s.
Although I read many more books on the subject, these books were my favorite. In addition, I suggest that you search YouTube and or Instagram for more keto inspiration.
“If you think you can, you CAN”